Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Module 2 - Diploma in Developing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
TITLE: Health and Safety Aspects, Risks and Hazards and associated Policy Objectives of an Organisation.
OVERVIEW: This programme will involve the student getting to understand Occupational Health and Safety Hazards and associated Risks and how these will relate and impact on an organisations Health and Safety Management System. The participant is assisted with the aid of a ISO accredited Tutor to ensure they as well as the organisation identifies all of its risks and hazards because these underpin all subsequent health and safety management activities.
STANDARDS REFERENCED: ISO 9001:2008, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 45001:2018, 50001:2011, 14064:2006, 19011:2011 and 17021:2011 plus local, national, statutory rules and regulations and sector specific standards covering country of origin.
LENGTH: 4 weeks may vary depending on organisational time and resources.
APPROVAL NUMBERS: IOS-OHS, ISO-AUD and ISO-LA.
Facilitator: All ACI Global Facilitators are Certified Business Professionals specializing in the specific scope being facilitated and have been assessed as competent in International Facilitation (ISO-FL), Attitude and Cultural Diversity (ACI-ACD) and have undertaken the Hogan Leadership Profile.
Refund Policy: - No refund upon completion of registration and enrollment process.
RECOGNITION: Certificate of Competence
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CPD: Each ACI Global Course or Programme is backed by a "3 Year Professional Leadership Development Guarantee" ensuring the Candidates Professional Leadership Development is maintained relevant to the training provided. This service is included in the Course or Programme Price and conditions apply.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND ASSESSMENT TASKS
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 1 - To prepare a policy i.e. a statement of intent about how the organisation views its Occupational Health and Safety Hazards, Risks and how they respond to them
- Assessment Task 1.1 - Developing the Health and Safety Policy
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 2 - To identify all relevant Health and Safety legislation and ensure that its particular relevance to the organisation is clearly defined
- Assessment Task 2.1 - Research and Identify all Relevant Health and Safety Legislation and Statutory Regulations.
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 3 - To identify and evaluate for significance all hazards and risks that impact the organisation's activities, products and services
- Assessment Task 3.1 - Identify and Rank Hazards and Risks
- Assessment Task 3.2 - Classify the Hazards and Risks
- Assessment Task 3.3 - Identify the Hazards
- Assessment Task 3.4 - Determine the Risk.
- Assessment Task 3.5 - Decide if the Risk is Tolerable
- Assessment Task 3.6 - Risk Assessment with candidates making use of tools such as the JAS-ANZ risk calculator
- Assessment Task 3.7 - Preparing the Risk Control Action Plan
- Assessment Task 3.8 - Control Measures
- Assessment Task 3.9 - Review adequacy of the Control Measures
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 4 - To establish the objectives and targets against which health and safety performance can be measured
- Assessment Task 4.1 - Refining the Health and Safety Objectives, Targets
- Assessment Task 4.2 - Communicating the Health and Safety Policy and Objectives
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 5 - To identify the management programs in your organisation and to perform a gap analysis to determine the current status of the system
- Assessment Task 5.1 - To Identify and Develop the Management Programs
- Assessment Task 5.2 - Approved Suppliers.
- Assessment Task 5.3 - Risks and Impacts.
- Assessment Task 5.4 - Hazardous waste generation and its disposal.
- Assessment Task 5.5 - Contract Maintenance
- Assessment Task 5.6 - Communications
- Assessment Task 5.7 - Human Resources
- Assessment Task 5.8 - Facilities
- Assessment Task 5.9 - Security
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 6 - Having carried out the initial audit follow up activities need to be planned and carried out
- Assessment Task 6.1 - Plan and develop your follow up activities through the systematic use of your internal audit program supported by management review
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 7 - To ensure all is correct by checking against relevant standards via a checklist
- Assessment Task 7.1 - Complete end of course checklist
- LEARNING OBJECTIVE 8 - To submit on line an end of course assessment based on the answering of selected questions relating to all Key Assessment tasks undertaken and completed within the course/module including relevant follow up and planned audit questions
- Assessment Task 8.1 - Complete on line end of course assessment.
Getting started is as easy as clicking on the e-learning Registration Tab below, Register and Pay for your programme all online and you can be started in less than 6 Hrs (Dependant on International Time Zones and Clearance of Funds).
ACI Global supports the following Payment Options
Please be advised Candidates may experience a slight delay for access into their nominated course or programme depending on International Time Zones and clearance of funds paid.
We value your Feedback please comment on our service to you our most important asset